Job title: Team Manager – Quality Control
Job description: Job Description:
This role will be based at our Southern Regional Service Centres. Hemel, Ockendon and Bristol.
Once a month you will be required to travel to our Doncaster site.
Life at Next
- £13.08-£15.27 p/h (£30,607 – £35,731) depending on experience
- Company bonus scheme and contributory pension
- Uniform clothing allowance of £300 per season alongside company issued uniform
- 25% discount on Next merchandise
- Up to 70% discount at our staff shops
- Eligibility to join our Sharesave Scheme
- Subsidised canteen
- Free Parking
- Resilient and enjoy working in a fast paced environment?
- A motivational leader, experienced in coaching and developing a team?
- Great at multitasking effectively and thrive on challenge?
- A natural problem solver and organiser, able to make sure your team are meeting their performance requirements?
- Flexible with a ‘can do’ approach and able to adapt to a changing environment?
- A strong communicator, capable of building strong relationships across the business?
- A natural people person confident at holding more difficult conversations?
- Proficient in Google Suite?
To be discussed
Where will Next take you?
Next is one of the UK’s best known high-street retailers and one of the most established online retailers. Working in a fast paced, ever changing department our Product Quality Control Team Managers are vital to ensuring that our millions of happy customers receive high quality products and that the products are compliant to move efficiently through our warehouse systems.
We are the cutting edge of the hottest trends, working with large well known brands so when we are looking for people to join our teams within our Product Quality and Compliance Departments only the best of the best are ready to take on this position.
Our success is dependent on the expertise and passion of our teams across the UK. Life as a PQC Team Manager at Next is full of challenges, it’s fast paced and just like fashion trends is constantly evolving.
Your Next Role
Taking full responsibility for the effective management of our people, you will motivate and develop your team to achieve challenging efficiency targets. Our Managers lead by example, encouraging a strong team orientated work ethic whilst promoting a fun, fair and rewarding work environment.
Running a team of around 25 inspectors and operators, it’s your job to make sure that products are quality inspected upon arrival into the warehouse and contracts are passed within a timely manner so they are available for our customers to order. There will be times when stock requires supplier errors rectifying, this can range from replacing labels, repacking to quality inspecting items. Whilst maintaining the devoted care and attention that our customers have come to expect from our brand over the years.
You will understand what motivates individuals to be the best that they can be. You will drive your team to perform to the highest standards monitoring absence, productivity performance and errors. You will also be identifying ways to keep them focused to achieve their targets.
Our Departments are large, fast paced and some are 24 hour operations so there will often be a need for you to act independently and to think on your feet. Your expertise is valued, you will need to search out solutions, drawing upon your previous experience to make sound operational decisions. There will be times when you are required to support and cover at our other sites.
If you’re passionate and thrive on no two days being the same. Feel exhilarated working under pressure and to tight deadlines then this could be the Next step for you.
About Us: You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About the Team:
- Sharesave scheme
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria’s Secret products
- Monthly performance related bonus
- Subsidised restaurants
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Free on-site parking
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Next private pension
- Hot deals and exclusive offers from over 3,500 retailers through Perks at Work
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by sending an email to [email protected] and including ‘Workplace Adjustments’ in the subject line, or by calling us 01977 327 900 and leave a voicemail.
Location: South Ockendon, Essex
Job date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 06:23:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!