Job title: Startups Business Intelligence Analyst
Job description: DESCRIPTION
As a Startups Business Analyst, your passion for defining, building, and scaling metrics and analytical insights will measure the success and drive the day-to-day behaviour for the AWS Startup EMEA Sales team.
You will work closely with members of the Sales and BI teams to ensure we are capturing and surfacing the best data and information to make optimal business decisions. You’ll collaborate with engineers to build self-service reports and establish automated processes for large scale data analyses.
You will have a passion for Startups and a proven analytics track record. You will have a high degree of detail orientation and excellent problem-solving abilities.
You bring experience in data analysis, including experience extracting and manipulating data using SQL, leveraging advanced Excel features for data analysis, and producing digestible business intelligence and actionable information. You will also have strong communication and project management skills, enabling you to work with key business stakeholders to understand requirements and shape analytical deliverables. You will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to work cross-organizationally. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
In this role, you will work with Sales stakeholders to understand their business goals and needs and to develop action-oriented insights to support business decision making. You will be responsible for managing various stakeholder initiatives, including coordinating across multiple teams and providing clear and timely communications on your progress. You will work with other Business Analysts to share best practices and promote consistency.
Do you have experience in building and delivering business insights at scale? Do you want to become a trusted stakeholder working with a talented team?
Come build the future with us.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, or related field
- Industry experience in data analysis.
- Experience in SQL and manipulating large data sets in a database
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (including VBA, Pivot Tables, array functions, Power Pivots, etc.)
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to translate ambiguous business requirements into complex analyses and actionable insights
· Advanced proficiency in SQL, ETL, data modeling, and working with “Big Data”
· Computer programming experience in Python, Ruby, or Java
· Experience using AWS analytical services (e.g., Redshift, Data Pipeline, EMR, Machine Learning, Kinesis)
· Experience or familiarity with the startup ecosystem, including dynamic of startups, accelerators, venture firms and more
· Aptitude to learn new technologies and analytical methodologies relating to business intelligence and data analysis
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Job date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 23:47:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!