Job title: Specialist Network Designer – Telecoms
Company: Michael Page
Job description: An exciting and fulfilling position, working as part of the major client services within a global organisation, as an experienced Network Designer.You will be responsible for designing data network solutions. This involves working closely with both internal and external customers to define a scope of work, creating a solution to transform the network, and supporting delivery into the live environment.
Specialist Network Designer – Telecoms
- Provides technical concurrence and sign off for high profile and/or critical network changes on major core platforms
- Provides consultancy on network designs for multiple platforms and/or solutions and/or customers
- Responsible for estimating the time and type of resource needed to support deliverables for complex, high impact and high value projects.
- Proposes technical strategy to network platforms and/or customer solutions factoring in high impact and high risk as appropriate.
- Drives efficiency and scalability through the re-use of network designs and accountable for the design whilst it is deployed across the overall network platform and/or customer solution.
- Potentially leads a large matrix team (virtual) and is accountable for complex network development using innovative approaches to design (including cross-portfolio solutions). Leverages technical resource/s as required to deliver the solution.
- Decides on design scope and design to leading edge high impact and high risk network platforms and/or customer solutions
- Decides on the time and type of resource needed to support deliverables for complex, high impact and high value projects.
- Provide design authority for complex solutions and/or platform designs.
- Decides on approach to resolving customer affected issues to leading edge high impact and high risk network platforms and/or customer solutions, as appropriate.
- Resolves in-life issues to high risk and high impact network platforms and/or customer solutions, as appropriate
- Decides on implementation approaches of technology related transformation activity.
Stakeholder engagement/management, High level communication required|Wireless Lan Security, Cisco, Aruba, LAN/WAN design
Specialist Network Designer – Telecoms Skills required:
- In depth experience of designing & deploying Cisco Wireless LAN solutions
- Detailed knowledge and skills in Wireless LAN fundamentals such as RF planning and design
- Experience of Wireless LAN security method design and implementation, for example 802.1x, PKI and Cisco ISE
- Experience of designing & deploying IP networks
- Understanding of the industry trends and future direction
- May lead technical design output from level 1, 2, 3, or 4 designers and/or third party resources.
- May lead a matrix team of technical experts.
- Ability to support multiple customer domains across one or more technologies
- Provides strong influence on senior stakeholders in terms of technical direction of platforms, which will influence commercial direction.
- Able to deliver significant stakeholder influence to resolve problems. Expected to give technical guidance to others to help resolve issues outside of the domain of the role.
- Provides thought leadership to senior internal stakeholders and customers regarding the overall future platform and/or customer solutions.
- Acts as a point of contact for technical expertise to advise senior stakeholders, internal and external.
My client is looking for an experienced Network Designer with confidence and gravitas to engage with all areas of the business, through from Engineering up to Board level and C-Suite. With this organisation, you have the opportunity to work from one of their key hub sites, located across the UK. As an employer, this client is conscious of their staff needs and looks to support them at every turn. They are keen to develop skills and help support individuals through various training and development schemes.
Specialist Network Designer – Telecoms
Offering excellent development and training opportunities for the right individual with flexible working and multiple locations available.
Expected salary: £60000 per year
Job date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 04:21:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!