Job title: Senior Insurance Lawyer – Coverage Specialist – Financial and Professional Services
Job description: Job Description:
We’re Hiring, Are you ready for a new challenge?
Aon is recruiting a Senior Insurance lawyer to join its Coverage and Insurable Risk Team within the Financial and Professional Services practice.
Reporting to the Head of the Coverage and Insurable Risk, the successful candidate will manage a team of four coverage specialists, who are all qualified insurance lawyers and expert market coverage specialists.
This is a Hybrid role that will involve some office and home-based working.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organisation, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
- Providing specialist input on all matters relating to the terms of the insurance cover placed for Aon’s clients;
- Advising clients and network offices on terms of cover;
- Negotiating with underwriters on individual placements;
- Drafting and negotiating the terms of the cover provided under Aon facilities;
- Assisting in the design and implementation of new insurance products;
- Developing Aon’s stance on market developments and interacting with market bodies such as Lloyd’s, the LMA, LIIBA and BIBA;
- Providing regular training to the broking teams on coverage issues and market developments;
- Coordinating with coverage specialists around the Aon network to ensure an Aon United approach;
- Cooperating with the Claims team on significant coverage issues arising in active claims;
- Remaining up-to-date with all legal and regulatory developments impacting insurance coverage and the context within which it is sold and ensuring that the broking teams are supported accordingly.
How this opportunity is different
We are looking for someone with drive and dynamism to guide the team in providing the above. The ability to interact with and establish good relationships with a broad range of professionals is essential.
The Financial and Professional Services specialist broking teams consist of approximately 120 insurance professionals who work for their clients, securing the following types of insurance:
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability;
- Public Offering of Securities;
- Professional Indemnity;
- Employment Practices Liability;
- Pension Trustee Liability;
The client book is made up of significant professional firms (law firms, accountants, design firms, architects and an array of financial institutions including banks, stock exchanges, insurers, insurance brokers and investment managers as well as FinTech startups).
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- This role will suit a seasoned professional with significant experience as an insurance lawyer, specialising in financial lines insurance.
- As a guide, Aon is seeking someone who is currently at a senior level in a law firm, a senior barrister or equivalent from a corporate legal or wordings team.
- The right individual will have sufficient experience and stature in the industry to enable them to support the broking teams at every level and deal with clients at the highest corporate levels.
- Dynamic and commercial thought leadership for colleagues and clients alike will be a key part of the role.
How we support our colleagues
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon.
Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work… and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 01:03:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!