Job title: HGV Vehicle Mechanic / Fitter – Runcorn 1
Company: GXO Logistics
Job description: Logistics done differently.
Are you an HGV Mechanic looking for a new challenge? Do you like the idea of working Monday to Friday? Do you like the idea of a career and not just a job with one of the best companies to work for in the UK? (Don’t just take our word for it – we were voted the third best company to work for on Glassdoor in 2018).
We are currently recruiting for a full-time HGV Vehicle and Trailer Mechanic to join us at our site in Runcorn. You’ll be working 40 hours per week, covering Monday to Friday on early and late shifts.
Pay, benefits and more:
We’re offering a salary up to £35,000 depending on experience, with overtime. You’ll receive holiday pay and have access to a variety of high street discounts, cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension and many other perks including ongoing CPC and other training.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Carry out routine inspections, maintenance and repairs on all makes of vehicles and trailers to VOSA standard
- Carry out a wide range of defect repairs, from replacing a bulb to replacing brake discs and pads
- Diagnose faults using manufacturers computer systems
- Complete job cards and service sheets in a timely manner
- Experience of working on tanker trailers, Hydraulic pumps and discharge equipment
What you need to succeed at XPO:
- Proven experience in an HGV Mechanic role
- Relevant HGV Mechanic qualification, such as BTEC or City & Guilds (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills
- A full UK driving licence with C+E entitlement (desirable)
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world’s most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L’Oreal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Expected salary: £35000 per year
Location: Runcorn, Cheshire
Job date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 04:29:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!