Job title: Commercial Product Designer
Job description: This thriving retailer is looking for a commercial, product designer to review and enhance the commercial performance of products and develop new products to meet the needs of customers. You will have strong trend and market knowledge and will produce accurate specification artwork and tech packs for submission to the factories.
- Research trends in the market, through all types of media, observation and through the development of brands.
- On the back of the research or briefing from the commercial management team, adapt existing products, revise the product mix, design new products, balancing upcoming trends with commercial performance.
- Work with the junior commercial product designers to produce accurate specification artwork and tech packs for submission to the factories.
- Brief suppliers to deliver the best products at the best price, manage sampling meetings and present the range to the commercial managers.
- Design ranges for larger facias.
- Creative approach to designing concepts whilst adhering to the brand guidelines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- An understanding of fabrics and embellishments
- An understanding of colour, using references such as Pantone.
- Proactively plan and organise their workloads and others, managing conflicting priorities and meeting tight deadlines.
- Works well in collaborative scenarios to achieve shared goals and deliver business objectives as well as working independently.
- Experience in the creation of artworks and new design formats.
- Fluent in full Adobe Suite (illustrator and Photoshop are a must).
- Ability to generate ideas and concepts.
- Project Management experience – proven track record of delivering complex projects.
- Track record of using knowledge and experience to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Track record of managing & delivering to time and cost
Job date: Thu, 07 Jul 2022 22:32:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!